Sunday, August 23, 2009

Last Sunday at Home - August 23, 2009

My time at home is going so fast - I'm still O.K. w. going back to Uganda, but it's getting harder by the day!!! I'm really not doing much except visiting, but it's been fun. I really do enjoy the convenience of going where you want to go when you want to go!!!

If you looked at the pictures last week, Bailey (Curt and Jamie's baby) is missing from the family picture - she was taking a nap. Curt is missing, too, but he was in Alaska fighting a fire. We got to see him Thursday evening at Hinkley (1/2 way for each of us). He really enjoyed his time in Alaska....guess it's pretty unusual for Minnesota crews to go to Alaska. He said the Alaskans like to take care of their own stuff and have thier own system - refer to the rest of us as "America" - they are ALASKA!!!

Did a lot of moving around during the week - drove in downtown Minneapolis and St. Paul w/o a hitch - well I got lost going to St. Paul, but I made it!!! Took Riley and Henry to the Children's Museum on Friday - they were a lot of fun - topped off w. lunch at McDonalds - the American experience!!! I was exhausted!!!

Saturday we went to a inter-squad scrimmage at the new University of Minnesota outdoor football stadium. It's really beautiful - lots of space to walk around and nice seating. Great day w. the band and football!

I know I"ve gained weight - not doing any exercising and eating whatever I can get my hands on - had a Taco in a Bag and a Milk Shake today! Jean and I were going to take Riley and Emma somewhere and we decided on the local County Fair and Gail and Jesse came w. Tucker and Greg and Jessica were there w. Dylan and Olivia, so it was a family event - lots of fun!!! Riley thinks the animals stink.....but loved the Demolition Derby! Dylan loved the rides. Another All-American experience!!

I'm watching Dylan and Oliva Monday and Tuesday and we're going to a Twins baseball game on Monday night. Tuesday nite is dinner for the local crowd at Gails and Thursday I leave - it will be sad, but it's not long till I'm home again. Enjoyed church this a.m. - did a short talk about what I do and life in Uganda. I meant to get a power point together but the project got lost in all the visiting!

Next blog will be from Uganda - maybe in two weeks. I'll bet it takes me awhile to get used to being there again. Fortunately it's still Holiday so I won't have to start teaching till mid-September and can take it easy (which is basically what I'm doing here, but it's different!).

No comments: