Friday, February 22, 2008

one week in uganda

i'm at an internet cafe on friday nite - excuse the bad typing but my time is so limited....uganda is amazing - beautiful, but noisy, busy, hot, crowded in the cities and slow in the country. we visited a clinic way out today and it's pretty primitive. i do hope to be in the country however, but won't know for another few weeks. training is very intense but the other trainees are just great - such talent and enthusiasm. wish i could send pictures but not here at the cafe....biked her down a busy, dusty road...doing things i never thought i'd do. Gail filled you in on my home - the people are so nice. I have a big room to myself...the little kids are trying to teach me things, like how to speak lugandan and how to hand wash clothes. I love the cold shower.....will put off the bucket bath as long as i can. electricity is great too, tho' not dependable. the children are victoria - 10, vivian - 9, victor - 8 and violet - 4 and they are so cute. Margaret is the mom and she works part time at the church office and the dad is pastor shem...I think it's anglican. The catherdral is on the grounds but it's just like a large church having a lot of renovations. I'm going to an english service there on Sunday. All is well, but overwhelming.....it will take some time to feel at ease tho' I'm amazed at how comfy it already seems. I'll try to stay in touch....miss you all.

No comments: