Monday, February 4, 2008

Less Than a Week to Go

I am returning to the blog - I want to make sure I have this down before I take off. I really hope this works as an effective means of communication. It is now down to six days till take off and I'm very excited and anxious. I still believe this is the right thing for me to be doing and despite all the many people (and comforts) I'll miss I am ready to try it.

I have basked in the warmth of wonderful friends and family here as they send me off.....had a great sending service at church and dinner with my former co-workers yesterday (Sunday).....one last lunch at Olive Garden and I'm ready. The bags are packed and at the required 80 pounds tho' I'm sure they are full of stuff I'll wonder why I took - especially when I'm dragging them on and off busses and trying to fit them in someone's home during training. Wish I wasn't so dependent on my creature comforts!

3 comments:

Bert Westerman said...

test...

test 1, 2

Julie said...

I finally got this to work!!!! Have a great week--I'll be praying for you.

hcmcnancy said...

Hi Kathy,
It was good to read your blog. We miss you at HCMC as the pink sheets are piling up. Oh well never ending. I will be heading in your direction as we go to Israel on Sunday. I will pray for you and success in your mission in the desert as you contemplate what lies ahead. Continue to place your trust in God. Blessings, Nancy